Let´s look at some of the best ways to create passive income online. Generating passive income is the absolute best way to earn income by working in advance very little and getting paid for years to come.
There are different methods to start making passive income, some methods require more up-front work and investment of money than others.
Best Ways To Create Passive Income From Home Today
There are still many ways to create passive income even if you don´t have a lot of money to spend right now.
(Disclaimer: Some links in this blog post are affiliate links. This means that I will earn a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.)
Table Of Contents:
What Is Passive Income?
The term “passive income” refers to income that you earn for something you have done one time. It is income that comes in automatically without having to work for it.
You can create passive income streams in dozens of different ways. When it comes to earning money online, blogging and affiliate marketing are the most popular methods. Some methods require some money to get started while some methods are completely free.
(With “completely free” you will pay with your time instead of money. It is time-consuming to write blog posts, advertise your site, create helpful and entertaining YouTube videos, writing blog posts regularly and so on.)
5 Simple And Effective Ways To Create Passive Income From Home With Your Computer
As I mentioned, there are dozens of ways to create passive income on the Internet (and offline!). You can pick a method that works best for you. Here below are some of the most profitable ways you can start earning income today.
In this article I will be focusing on ways to create passive income from affiliate marketing, selling digital products, blogging, YouTube and ebooks.
With affiliate marketing, you are earning money promoting other people´s products and services. You earn a commission for each product or service that is sold through your unique affiliate link. There are thousands of affiliate programs that you can join in almost any niche you can think of.
It is free to join most affiliate programs and you do not need to invest any money to get started. By promoting affiliate offers that pay out a recurring monthly commission, you are earning passive income.
Affiliate marketing is one of the most popular ways to create passive income, there are lots of methods you can use to promote your affiliate links for free, like for instance blogging, email marketing, using traffic exchanges or making YouTube videos.
You can start affiliate marketing with no money. Companies allow you to promote their products and services and in return they pay you a commission for each product or service that is sold through your unique affiliate link.
This is a great way to earn some extra income in your spare time, or turn it into a full-time income.
3 Basic Steps To Get Started With Affiliate Marketing
- #1.The first step is to find a product or service that is of high quality and pays out a recurring monthly commission.
- #2.Then, you need to setup a money-making website. A place where you can promote your affiliate product.
- #3.The third step is to get targeted website traffic, you need to convert your website visitors into buyers.
Once you have these 3 basic things in place, you can create passive income promoting affiliate products or services online.
Best 5 Ways To Promote Affiliate Products Online
- Making YouTube videos
- Writing product reviews
- Forums and discussion boards
- Social media
- Classified ads
Thousands of people are promoting affiliate products / services online to build passive income. There is a lot of competition, you need to be creative to stand out of the crowd to make money. For best results, find a way to promote the products that works best for you and focus on doing this one thing properly.
For instance, if you focus on doing a new keyword research blog post every day about your affiliate product, you will most likely start getting highly targeted traffic from the search engines.
Provide as much value as you can to your readers. Search engines will notice this and start ranking your blog higher in the search results.
Over time, people will start visiting your site and buy what you recommend. Obviously, blogging takes a lot of time and effort but this strategy will generate passive income over time. So, it is definitely worth it in the end.
Making YouTube Videos:
YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world after Google. By making review-type videos about your affiliate product, you can attract a lot of highly targeted traffic. It is free to create a YouTube account and if you are new to making videos, there are free video creating tools you can use, for instance Canva.com.
Writing Product Reviews:
You can write product reviews about your affiliate products and post them on free sites online like for instance Tumblr.com or WordPress.com. Another great site to write content on is called LeasedAdSpace.com. These sites have been online for a very long time. Posting reviews on these sites is a good idea because it will help people find your content a lot faster than if you just posted your reviews on your blog. Be sure to write a unique version of your product review to each site.
Forums And Discussion Boards:
There are forums and discussion boards in any niche you can think of. Join a few forums in the same niche as your affiliate product. Then, participate regularly at these forums by sharing useful information, ask questions and so on. Be active! You are not allowed to blatantly advertise on forums and discussion boards, but you can add a link to your website or blog in the signature file.
The sig-file is automatically posted under each post you make at the forum. I recommend linking from the sig-file to the review at your own blog. This gives you a valuable back link and visitors can learn more about you and the affiliate product you are promoting.
Social media is a very important part when it comes to having an online business and marketing in general. Besides updating your Facebook and Twitter accounts regularly, you should also setup a Pinterest Business account (free).
This way you can add your blog content directly to Pinterest and get traffic to your offer from Pinterest and the search engines. You should also add social media share buttons on top of your blog posts.
#2. Digital Products
Selling digital products online is one of the best ways to create passive income because it does not require any initial funds. Digital products are great, there is no need for shipping or a warehouse.
Customers will receive their product instantly after payment. You can create PDF-reports, ebooks, training courses or software in any niche you like. Selling your digital products online can be done in many different ways.
Besides blogging about them (and selling them directly from your own blog), you can sell them on platforms such as Udemy.com, GumRoad.com or Amazon.com. The hardest part is to create the product and setup the sales process. You do the work once and you will earn passive income for a long time.
Best Ways To Sell Digital Products
- #1. You can create your own digital product or become an affiliate for someone else´s product.
(I highly recommend promoting other people´s products for a commission!)
- #2. If you decide to create your own product, you will first come up with a great product idea.
- #3. The next step is to create a compelling sales page.
- #4. Write the “step-by-step” product instructions.
- #5. Setup the payment process.
- #6. Create an affiliate program (Optional).
Creating your own digital product takes a lot of work, but once your product is created it will continue to generate passive income for a long time.
Blogging is one of the easiest ways to create passive income. You can blog about anything you want and then link out to relevant products or services directly from your blog posts. Over time, your blog posts will start to show up in Google and other search engines.
People will click through to your blog and read your articles. Some of them will click on the affiliate links in your posts and purchase what you recommend.
Besides linking to affiliate products, you can also create passive income from your blog by selling advertising space or by selling your own services or products. The most important thing about blogging is to do it regularly.
The more unique, interesting and helpful content you have, the more traffic you will receive. People like to share great content on social media sites and search engines are always looking for the best possible content. So, if you are looking for low-cost ways to build passive income, then you should definitely start your own blog.
Best Ways To Get Started With Blogging
- #1. Choose a topic that you are familiar with and very interested about.
- #2. Do proper research to find the best affiliate programs for your blog topic. The affiliate programs should pay out monthly recurring commissions, not just one-time.
- #3. Sign up for the affiliate program and find your unique affiliate link, banners and other marketing material.
- #4. Write content on your blog regularly and add a few links to your affiliate product from inside the content. The content you write needs to be unique, interesting, helpful… Share as much value as you possibly can!
- #5. It will take some time to see results, so be patient and continue to write blogs posts regularly. If you are consistent, you will see results!
YouTube is the largest video search engine in the world and also a place where you can earn passive income from something you do only once. Every video you upload is a new income stream.
Creating YouTube videos is one of the best ways to build passive income over time. Especially, if you are looking for a way to share your ideas and knowledge with others, this is one of the best ways to do so and earn money at the same time.
If you are good at talking on camera and have some interesting things to share, why not start your own YouTube channel and earn some passive income.
7 Different Ways To Earn Money From YouTube
- #1. You can promote affiliate products by making review videos.
- #2. Offer video editing services to other YouTuber´s.
- #3. Become a YouTube partner and earn from ads.
- #4. Sponsorships from well known brands.
- #5. Get your fans to pay you directly.
- #6. Recommend online training and courses.
- #7. Do live shows on Youtube.
eBooks are one of the best ways to create passive income, especially if you have a lot of knowledge and experience on a certain topic. There are some free websites online where you can publish your ebook. You could also market your ebook on your own blog or on your YouTube account.
The idea is to give away your ebook for free. You will earn passive income when people are reading your ebook and clicking on the links inside the ebook (the links are your affiliate links).
Find an affiliate product that pays recurring monthly income and include your affiliate link a few times in your ebook. You should create your ebook in PDF-form so it can be read using any mobile device.
Best Ways To Earn Money From eBooks
- #1. An ebook or a report can be quite short, perhaps 50 – 70 pages.
- #2. You can outsource the writing of the ebook on digital marketplaces such as Fiverr.
- #3. If you write the ebook yourself, you should be an expert on the topic.
- #4. Give away your ebook for free. The money comes from an affiliate product inside your ebook.
- #5. The cover image needs to look professional and tell the reader immediately what your ebook is all about.
- #6. Create the ebook in PDF form.
- #7. Upload your ebook to different submission sites, share it on your blog and make a video on your YouTube channel.